Thursday, October 25, 2007

Solution for Visual Studio .Net - Error file name & line numbers are not getting displayed.

I think most of the developers are came across this situation where they can see the file names & line numbers of the errors after building/compiling the code. This is very annoying thing in Visual Studio IDE. I don't know why the Microsoft guys unable to resolve this issue.

I too came across this issues & after googled I found this solution.

The issue is if you have the parenthesis ( '(' or ')' ) in the file path, it won't show you the file name & line number.

To solve this you have to rename that folder name.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice post dude...

Anonymous said...

nice post dude

Anonymous said...

I love you man, I really Do.. this bug is so immensivily annoying.. omg